Caye International Bank
Caye International Bank - An overview of our history...
Caye’s history begin in 1996 as a Belizean mortgage company, and after continued success over several years the decision was taken to become an international bank. This was granted on September the 29th, 2003 when Caye received an unrestricted Class A - International Banking License from the Central Bank of Belize. The Central Bank of Belize is responsible for regulating Caye International Bank and setting the standards for its liquidity and capital adequacy ratios.
Caye is the only International Bank headquartered on the beautiful island of Ambergris Caye, Central America, and our bank license permits us to conduct financial services with both individuals and corporations located outside of Belize. The bank offers a full range of traditional and non-traditional banking services as well as accounts in multiple currencies. An application for account opening is a straightforward process, and can be facilitated online from anywhere in the world.
Our Corporate Timeline At A Glance
- The Establishment of Caye Mortgage Company
- Serving a need that wasn’t being met by anyone else
- Development of new bank headquarters building
- Support, commitment and investment of the local community
- Launch of new financial services and accounts.
- Continued focus on the bank’s technological advancement
- Enduring ambition as a major international financial institution