- Why Offshore
- Customer Service
- About Us
- Internet Banking
- Contact Us
Online Banking Security
Your Security is Our Business
When it comes to your personal finances, conducting your banking in a safe, secure environment is essential. You can rest assured that Caye Bank utilizes state-of-the-art technology to protect your interests.
We continuously evaluate new technologies and procedures to ensure that your protection continues without interruption. That commitment extends to our Online Banking.
Internet Banking: A Normal Part of Modern Life
Banking via the Internet is an established practice in today's society, and the systems available are designed and continuously tested to protect your interests. In addition, government agencies routinely audit our institution to ensure that sound business practices are in place and that we operate in accordance with the laws of Belize.
Only specific browsers provide the right environment for security. Caye Bank requires that you use either the Netscape Navigator browser version 6.2 or Internet Explorer browser version 5.5 or greater. These browsers support 128-bit encryption.
Protecting Against Identity Theft
Identity thieves often attempt to steal personal information by sending official-looking, but fraudulent e-mails. This practice is usually referred to as "Phishing."
Keeping Your Information Secure: Some Helpful Hints
- Do not use an obvious number or other accessible information (such as a portion of your phone number) for your Online Banking ID or Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Do not log onto Online Banking when someone else is watching.
- Avoid Online Banking when you are using a computer that is not your own.
- If others have access to your computer, clear the browser's cache to eliminate copies of web pages that may be stored on your hard drive.
- Avoid writing down your log-in ID and PIN - try to memorize them.
- Never provide your log-in ID and PIN to anyone.
- Report any unusual activity.
- Never leave your computer unattended when you are logged on.
- Always log out of the system.