- Why Offshore
- Customer Service
- About Us
- Internet Banking
- Contact Us
Online Banking Agreement & Disclosures
Indicated below are the types of Electronic Fund Transfers we are capable of handling, some of which may not apply to your account. Please read this disclosure carefully because it tells you your rights and obligations for the transactions listed. You should keep this notice for future reference.
Types of Transfers and Charges
You may access your account(s) by computer using your account numbers, your user ID number, password, and Internet access to www.netteller.com/cayebank to:
- Transfer funds between checking and statement savings account(s)
- Make payments from checking or statement savings to most loan accounts with us
- Get information about the account balance of checking or statement savings account(s)
- Get details of transactions on checking or statement savings account(s)
Limitations on Frequency of Transfers
- Certain limitations apply to computer transfers in addition to the limitations on transfers elsewhere described. The following limitations will also apply:
- Transfers between your accounts at Caye Bank received prior to 2 P.M. will be posted to the designated accounts on the current business day
- Transfers completed after 2:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, on weekends, or holidays, will not post to the account until the next business day
A business day is Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Our online Banking services are generally available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
No Signature Requirement
When any payment or other online service generates items to be charged to your account, you agree that we may debit your designated account without requiring your signature on the item and without notice to you.
User ID and Password
- The User ID and password issued to you is for your security purposes. Your password is confidential and should not be disclosed to third parties. You are responsible for safekeeping your password.
- For security purposes, the system will automatically prompt you to change your password the first time you login. You may change your User ID and/ or password by clicking on the Options heading.
- The system will automatically prompt you to change your password every ninety days. You agree not to disclose or otherwise make your password available to anyone not authorized to sign on your accounts.
- A request for Online Banking services may access any account on which you are listed as an owner, joint owner, trustee or custodian. For joint accounts, one or more account holders may request Online Banking services and each will have their own User ID and Password.
- Regardless of whether one or more account holders of a joint account subscribe to the Online Banking services, each account holder agrees that any account holder has the authority to use the Online Banking services. All account holders agree to be jointly and severally liable under the terms of this Agreement and all other agreements which govern your account.
- A "session" is completed when you click on the "exit" button, close your browser, or move to a web site outside the secure socket layer established by the Bank. The session may also be terminated if there is no activity within a set amount of time.
- In the event of a communications error, the session is terminated automatically. If you have not completed you transaction before the session is terminated, you must start the transaction again from the beginning.
- You should be careful to Exit (sign off) after each use of the Online Service to avoid providing unauthorized access to your account by other persons who might have access to the computer on which you conducted your session.
- We will send you a monthly account statement for your checking accounts and a quarterly account statement for your savings accounts.
- Upon completion of a transaction to transfer funds using Online Banking, a confirmation number will be given. You should record this number, along with the scheduled date and transaction amount in your account register (or other permanent record), because this will help in resolving any problems that may occur. No printed receipts are issued through Online Banking.
Financial Institution’s Liability
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer
- If you have an overdraft line and the transfer would go over the credit limit
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions we have taken
- If you negligently or intentionally share your ID and password, or you do not report immediately any known theft of your ID and password, leading to unauthorized access to accounts
- If you leave your computer unattended in the middle of a banking session that results in unauthorized access to your accounts(s)
- If you do not sign off (exit) after completing your banking session before visiting other Internet sites
- If your input error is the cause of the problem
We will disclose information to third parties about the transfers you make from or into your account:
- Where it is necessary for completing transfers
- In order to comply with government agency or court order
- If you give us written permission
- At our discretion, as allowed by Belize law providing for the release of account information pertaining to actual or suspected illegal activities
- Notify us at once if you believe your Online Banking password and/or User ID has been lost, stolen, compromised or used without your permission, or if you believe someone has discovered your Online Banking password. The best way to minimize your losses is to call or write to us at the telephone number or address at the end of this disclosure.
- You are responsible for all transfers that you authorize using our Online Banking services. If you permit other persons to us the Online Baking services or your password, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize from your account whether or not you intended that they perform these transactions. Transactions that you initiate, or someone acting with your permission with fraudulent intent will also be authorized transactions.
- You authorize the Bank to act on all transactions received under your User ID and password and to deduct any service charges directly from your account balance. You also agree to be liable for any account shortage resulting from charges or overdrafts. This includes liability for the Bank's costs to collect the deficit including reasonable attorney's fees.
Stopping Payment of a Preauthorized Transfer
Right to stop a preauthorized transfer and procedure for doing so:
- If you have told us in advance to make regular payments out of your account, you can stop one of these payments.
- You can initiate this through online banking, call or write to us at the number or address listed at the end of this notice, in time for us to receive your request 3 or more business days before the payment is scheduled to be made.
- If you initiate the stop payment through Online Banking we will require you to sign the confirmation and get it to us within 14 days of placing the stop. If you call we will require you to come to the bank and sign the stop.
- The stop payment will be revoked if your signed stop payment order or Online Banking confirmation is not received by Bank within 14 days. You will incur stop-payment charges as disclosed in the current fee schedule for the applicable account.
- If you order us to stop one of these payments 3 business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
Change in Terms
We may amend (add to, delete from, or change) the terms of this Agreement at any time by sending a notice to any of you at the address or e-mail address shown in our records, by posting the notice or an amended Agreement on Norwest, or by delivering it to you. You may choose not to accept the change by closing your account(s) or terminating this Agreement and your use of the Service.
This Agreement remains in effect until either you or we terminate it. You may terminate this Agreement by notifying us via Online Banking's email service, calling our bank or via mail.
- We may terminate this Agreement and your participation in Online Banking at any time, for any reason, including non- usage or inactivity. Although we will try to notify you in advance of our termination, we are not obligated to do so.
- If you terminate this Online Baking Agreement, you authorized us to continue making transfers you have previously authorized up to three (3) Business Days after our receipt of your cancellation request.
- If you choose to terminate this Agreement and want to ensure that no outstanding authorized transfers are made, you should cancel all scheduled transfers prior to notifying us that you are discontinuing this service. Please note that your cancellation of the Online Banking under this Agreement does not terminate your Bank accounts.
- However, if you close your designated Bank account(s), you Online Banking services will end, and all unprocessed transfers will be cancelled.
Error Resolution Notice
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers, call or write us at the telephone number or address at the end of this disclosure, as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt.
We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the first statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number (if any)
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error. If you tell us orally, we will require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days (20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 if the transfer involved a new account, a point-of-sale transaction, or a foreign-initiated transfer) to investigate your complaint or question.
If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days (20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation.
If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. Your account is considered a new account for the first 30 days after the first deposit is made, unless each of you already has an established account with us before this account is opened.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation.
You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation:
CAYE INTERNATIONAL BANK LTD.
PO Box 105, Coconut Drive
San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye
Belize, Central America
Business days: Monday through Friday